Everyone has heard of lemon juice in warm water first thing in the morning to give the digestion processes a boost. Well try this enhanced version detox juice if you really want to cleanse, lose body fat, boost energy and reverse disease. Adding a natural detox juice to your diet can really support your body to absorb and assimilate the essential nutrition it needs to heal the body naturally.
Try this detox juice recipe for fast results:
Bragg Apple cider vinegar contains the ‘mother’, is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid which has been shown to lower blood pressure up to 6%. It can also help eat up the starches if you do eat grains in your diet. I fyou would like to find out more about the natural health benefits of Apple cider Vinegar, download our FREE eBook here!
Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and has an alkaline effect on your body helping to regulate ph. It also boosts your Vitamin C intake, which is a vitamin we don’t store
Cinnamon is one of the best anti-oxidants on the planet. It is the number one herb/spice for balancing blood sugar.
Cayenne Pepper has been shown to drop blood pressure, increase metabolism.
Turmeric known to reduce chronic pain and inflammation, always add a sprinkle of black pepper too as the piperine helps the absorption of the curcumin in the turmeric.
Honey – nature’s gift to mankind, is a highly nutritious all natural sweetener made from bees and although it is still high in calories, has been shown to possess antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which can boost the immune system and help to protect against common ailments such as colds and flu. It has traces of menerals, vitamins and antioxidants which destroy free radicals and delay ageing, In short, it is a safe and wholsome food for all and used medicinally around the world as an energizer, helping to overcome fatigue and regain energy/
The stevia plant and it is a great replacement for any artificial sweeteners.
How to make detox juice
I recommend consuming this drink 3x daily 20 minutes before meals for 2 weeks then consuming it 1x daily before breakfast or lunch.
- 1 glass of filtered water (12-16 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh or ground ginger
- A pinch of ground turmeric
- 1 dash cayenne Pepper (optional)
- honey or stevia to taste
Blend all ingredients together
It’s got to be Bragg’s with the mother! I make up a litre’s with and store in the fridge for up to 5 days, and just add the fresh spice.
- Medicinal uses and health benefits of Honey: An Overview. K. P. Sampath Kumar et al, J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2010, 2(1): 385-395
- HONEY AS COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE: – A REVIEW. M P Singh er al, International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences, Vol 3/Issue 2/April – June 2012
- Honey and its Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Oxidant Properties N Vallianou et al. Gen Med (Los Angel) icine:Vallianou et al., Gen Med (Los Angel) 2014, 2:2
- Therapeurtic and nutritonal values of honey. Bagde. A B et al, Int, Res J.Pharm, 2013, 4 (3)