A sore throat is any kind of inflammatory process of the throat and tonsils that causes pain when swallowing. It can come on at any time, and is caused by a number of factors. Some sore throats can be due to a bacterial infection such as strep throat from the Streptococcus bacteria, and some are viral infections. Either way, sore throats can be very contagious, and despite the painful symptoms, it’s important to address it as soon as the discomfort is felt. Thankfully, there are many natural sore throat remedies that are most likely in your home and some more additions which can help and may not require an antibiotic prescription.
One of the biggest challenges with antibiotics for treatment is there can be significant impact on the microbiome especially in the ears, nose and throat areas, and as well as some of the bacterial strains now being resistant to antibiotics, requiring a further treatment course, it can also cause a candida flare requiring and additional medication.
These challenges can have a significant impact on your lifestyle, work, emotional health and relationships. The body then needs to find a way to get back to healthy and the functional medicine approach can be key to helping address the imbalances which allowed the the initial infection to take hold in the first place.
The Top Natural Throat Remedies Supplements
- Antimicrobials such as Colloidal Silver or Yucca
- Raw Honey (natural antibiotic)
- Apple cider vinegar,
- Garlic (natural antiobiotic)
- Vitamin C
- Herbals such as Echinacea or Licorice Root
- Probiotics such as Bravo probiotic yogurt or juice, when held on the back of the throat, they enter the lymphatic system via the tonsillar ring for a powerful boost to the immune system
- Essential Oils, such as Lemon and Eucalyptus (do not ingest, apply diluted to skin or seek the advice of a clinical aromatherapist).
- Turmeric (anti-inflammatory)
- Serrapeptase, biofilm breaker to tackle the protective film the bugs are hiding in.
- Detox Juice
For longer term or repetitive incidences
We use ASYRA Pro bio-resonance to complete the health screening protocols using the functional medicine 5R approach. During a comprehensive health consultation, the aim is to work through the 5R stages and help you map out the most effective route to optimal health. With symptoms of a sore throat in particular we are looking for the bacteria or the virus which is the root cause.
Equilibrium 5R Approach
- REMOVE from the body what should not be there such as inflammatory foods (gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs and sugar which can lead to food sensitivities), infections (parasites, yeast such as candida or bacteria), and gastric irritants like environmental toxins (chemicals, drugs or heavy metals).
- REPLACE the healing ingredients missing from the body required for proper digestion and absorption that may have been depleted by diet, disease or the aging process.
- REINOCULATE the microbiome with prebiotics and probiotics to re-establish a healthy balance of good bacteria which is critical to strengthen immunity.
- REPAIR with natural nutritional supplements, herbal, aromatherapy products to help the gut repair and rejuvenate the gut wall lining.
- REBALANCE the other lifestyle choices which contribute to health: Sleep, exercise, and stress can all affect the GI tract. Balancing those activities is important to an optimal digestive tract.
You can read about it in more detail here!
The Top Complementary Treatments
- ASYRA pro energetic signatures (similar to homeopathic) to balance the subtle energetic health status.
- SCENAR – Natural pain relief treatment which supports the free flow of energy. This is particularly useful in the case of longer term Interstitial Cystitis.
- BACH flowers to support emotional wellbeing whilst the body is healing.
- RTT™ is a ground breaking Transformational Therapy to achieve rapid results in as little as one session.
How to find out more?
To find out more about how the natural healing arts and the lastest scientific health screening technologies can help. Request an initial FREE chat using the links below:
Kirsty Terry, Msc, BSc, R(Nutr), RTT™, AFMCP™
Kirsty is a Healthpreneur and uses the modalities of Functional Medicine, Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT™) and Bioenergetic Health Screening to help her clients achieve their optimum health and vitality naturally.
Kirsty is passionate about how the mind and body works together in creating the onset of illness and combines psycho-emotional, energetic, physical and meta-physical approaches for a truly comprehensive, radically wholistic approach to health and wellness.
She helps her clients to get to, and understand the root cause of their health challenges, and helps them address the lifestyles changes required break free from managing symptoms and achieve their optimum health and vitality.
For anyone who is sick, stuck or just fed-up with the ongoing pattern of managing only symptoms. Her unique combination of modalities provides a truly comprehensive and wholistic approach to achieving health which are non-invasive, painless and a drug-free.
When I’m not trying to heal the world, I’m a Zumba queen, or blissing out with a good meditation