Do you struggle with:
- migraine attacks,
- or other head, joint or muscle pain?
- other cluster type headaches or,
- are you a runner, cyclist or triathlete that often feels joint pain during long training session?
If so, then you need to know the 9 Safe, Natural Ways To Manage Joint & Muscle Pain Without Using Harmful Medications.
It’s so easy to reach for the paracetamol, ibuprofen or aspirin as the easiest and quickest way to get rid of aches, pains or muscle soreness. When it comes to seeing your kids suffering in pain, it’s also so easy to reach for the Calpol, but how often do we stop to consider the side effects or what the chemical loading is to the body once the symptoms of pain have gone!
There are definitely times such as a migraine attack or if you child has a nasty knock where you do need that instant pain relief and nobody wants to see someone suffering with pain when there is no need to. However, after the initial onset is controlled or for longer term pain management issues whilst you try to establish and work on the root cause, here are the top 9 natural therapies to deal with pain safely, naturally and without the harmful side effects!
How the relieve head, joint or muscle pain naturally!
1. Anti-Inflammatory Herbs
Turmeric is arguably one of the most powerful herbs on the planet at fighting and reversing disease and one of the most frequently mentioned medicinal herbs in the scientific literature with over 6000 peer reviewed studies.
It is the active ingredient in it Curcumin which is responsible for it’smany healing benefits which at least equal if not knock the socks off it’s Big Pharma competitors and it has no known side effects unless taken in extremely excessive amounts. Ginger, cinnamon and and boswellia are also fantastic for reducing inflammation throughout the body and although you can take them as supplements, the best and most synergistic way to use them is in every day cooking or see my recipe for detox juice as a great way to get them daily.
2. Trace Minerals
Magnesium has been proven to reduce pain and tenderness in fibromyalgia sufferer, it is an essential mineral with calcium for bone formation and a deficiency of Magnesium has been linked to migraine headaches because of its importance in balancing hormones and neurotransmitters in the body. It is widely abundant in green leafy vegetables especial spinach, but you can also top up your levels with avocado, pumpkin seeds, almonds and dark chocolate.
3. Relaxing Soak
Absorb your magnesium, one of the best ways is with a relaxing soak in Epsom salts and bypass the digestion process altogether, and absorb the magnesium and sulfates, easily through the skin to provide quick relief and reduce inflammation. For those really suffering as in the height of a migraine attack a magnesium oil spray can offer some relief.
4. Essential Oils
Wintergreen has a sweet, minty scent and is beneficial in massage for soothing head tension and muscles after exercising. Peppermint resonates at the frequency of a healthy brain. Lavender has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. It is one of the most versatile of all essential oils so no home should be without it. It is great to add to the Epsom Salts in the bath for winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that make it just as beneficial for boosting stamina and energy.
5. Protease Enzymes
Proteolytic enzymes naturally reduce inflammation. Bromelain is a protein-digesting enzyme found in the core of pinapples and is particularly effective in reducing inflammation associated with infection and injuries. You don’t need to supplement as the enzyme is derived from the juice and stem of the fruit, making it easy to extract but I recommend fresh pinapples rather than a pasteurised fruit juice which would also be loaded with sugar and can make pain symptoms worse!
6. Essential Fatty Acids
Such as Omega-3 fats help your body fight inflammation. Wild caught salmon, grass fed beef and dairy are high in Omega-3s as well as flax seeds, chia seeds, and walnuts. See my breakfast smoothie for another great way to get this essential nutrition into your body.
If you haven’t discovered the benefits of meditation for health and wellness, then there are literally thousands of studies now available which talk about the health benefits. If you want to learn how to start your TODAY in the most wonderful way! My favourite way in which I have been encouraging my friends and family is with the fabulous app Omvana for your iPhone, I even get my kids to use it.
8. SCENAR therapy
SCENAR Or Pain Genie the home version, is a hands-on treatment device that is highly effective in treating acute and chronic pain. It works by transmitting electrical through the skin to mimic the natural impulses of the nervous system, thus stimulating the adaptive powers of the nervous system to use its own healing abilities and remove the need for allopathic drugs. An incredilbe way to instantly stimulate the Vagus Nerve to relieve inflammation, stress, Migraines and more Find out more about a treatment, equipment hire or how to purchase your own device here.
9. ASYRA Advanced Health Screening System
The ASYRA Pro is the latest development of electro-dermal screening technology. The results are instant, real-time and give insight into underlying causal factors, without both the wait and expense of independent lab tests. An ASYRA health screening is done with a practitioner who will interpret the results and advise your treatment plan.
The approach we use with the ASYRA is based on the functional medicine 4R model:
- REMOVE from the body what should not be there such as inflammatory foods (gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs and sugar which can lead to food sensitivities), infections (parasites, yeast or bacteria), and gastric irritants like environmental toxins (chemicals, drugs or heavy metals). You don’t need the hassle, embarrassment or expense of a stool analysis, we use the ASYRA Pro to screen energetically. Removing food sensitivities may require you to remove foods from you diet, removing environmental toxicity, infections or parasites may require treatment with energetic signatures, herbs or other anti-bacterial, anti-fungal natural products.
- REPLACE the healing ingredients missing from the body required for proper digestion and absorption that may have been depleted by diet, disease or the aging process. TheLeaky gut diet is easy to follow and you may need to include digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid and bile acids to aid digestion. Again, we use the ASYRA Pro to determine if you require any additional product support and find the right supplement and the correct dosage.
- REBALANCE the microbiome with prebiotics (food for the good bacteria) and probiotics (good bacteria) to re-establish a healthy balance of good bacteria which is critical to strengthen immunity. Again we use the ASYRA Pro to source a probiotic supplement that contains beneficial bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacillus species.
- REPAIR with natural nutritional supplements, herbal, aromatherapy products to help the body repair the gut and rejuvenate the gut wall lining. There are some essential building blocks your body needs and the top one is L-glutamine, an amino acid that helps to rejuvenate the gut wall lining. Other key nutrients include zinc, omega-3 fish oils, vitamin A, C, E as well as herbs such as slippery elm and aloe vera. Following the Leaky gut diet will provide most of the essential building blocks and we use the ASYRA Pro to check if they are any additional requirements.
Our recommended Treatment Programme for anyone who suffers with Chronic Pain or Migraine is:
1 x Initial Health Consultation with Bioenergetic Health Screening, which includes:
- Full Health History by questionnaire completed in advance,
- A comprehensive analysis (Major organs/systems)
- Environmental sensitivities (Chemical, microbial, EMF, heavy metals)
- Metabolic-digestive profile
- Microbial profile (Dysbiosis)
- Neurotransmitter & hormonal profile
- Food sensitivity Testing (125 panel)
- NAET Allergy Panel (800 panel), if required
- Nutritional deficiency & maintenance
- Immunotherapy/Isotherapy from saliva sample
- Client supplied products for either existing medications/supplements/foods or pet dander
- Treatment plan & energetic remedy included
3 x SCENAR Pain Relief Treatments
1 x Post Treatment Bioenergetic Health Screening (as above) with updated treatment plan and energetic remedy.
You can find this Treatment Package in our Shop
Should you have any health challeges you would like to discuss, Schedule a FREE Time To Have a Chat with Me!
Kirsty Terry, Msc, BSc, R(Nutr), RTT™, AFMCP™
Kirsty is a Healthpreneur and uses the modalities of Functional Medicine, Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT™) and Bioenergetic Health Screening to help her clients achieve their optimum health and vitality naturally.
Kirsty is passionate about how the mind and body works together in creating the onset of illness and combines psycho-emotional, energetic, physical and meta-physical approaches for a truly comprehensive, radically wholistic approach to health and wellness.
She helps her clients to get to, and understand the root cause of their health challenges, and helps them address the lifestyles changes required break free from managing symptoms and achieve their optimum health and vitality.
For anyone who is sick, stuck or just fed-up with the ongoing pattern of managing only symptoms. Her unique combination of modalities provides a truly comprehensive and wholistic approach to achieving health which are non-invasive, painless and a drug-free.
When I’m not trying to heal the world, I’m a Zumba queen, or blissing out with a good meditation