These little bite-size treats are for anyone who has sugar cravings. They may be 49 calories per bite, however, they have a GL of 1, yes 1! So that means, no sugar spikes followed by an energy slump here, rather a very slow release of awesome natural sugar, essential fatty acids and essential amino acids!
So easy to make and the store in the fridge and enjoy whenever you need a little sweet treat. Eat your anti-inflammatory treats and enjoy – GUILT FREE!
Ingredients for Guilt Free Fudgy Brownies
- 60g coconut oil
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 90g raw honey – we love Hilltop for their English and Welsh raw honey!
- 90g almond flour
- 60 chopped walnuts
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
How to make Guilt Free Fudgy Brownies
- Melt the coconut oil, chocolate and honey over a low heat, stir in eggs and vanilla
- In a bowl mix together the almond flour and baking soda.
- Add to the chocolate mixture
- Stir in the walnuts
- Grease a 20cm pan and pour in mixture
- Bake at 170⁰C for 25mins.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill in the fridge before cutting into 3cm squares.
So that doesn’t mean you can go and eat the whole plate, but it can help you break those sweet cravings. They are full of healthy fats, a full spectrum of amino acids, low in sodium and a good source of manganese
If you think you have an addiction to sugar and are struggling to break the habit, try our sugar addiction quiz here.