Allergies are on the increase. They affect as many as 30 percent of adults and 40 percent of children. Allergic disease, including asthma, is the fifth leading chronic disease in the U.S. with over 60 million people of all ages suffering. It is the third most common chronic disease in children under 18 years old. (1)
We seem to have created a society where allergies are considered the ‘norm’, when in reality, they may be signs of an underlying cause which needs attention. You may like to read ‘Why our grandparents didn’t get food allergies‘. Modern medicines and pharmaceuticals don’t cure the problem, they merely suppress they symptoms and actually can make them worse in the long run. Only by getting to the root cause of these allergies can you hope to eliminate them for good.
Are your kids complaining of :
- An itchy nose or runny, sneezey, bunged up, or constantly streaming?
- Are they constantly Sneezing, Sniffling, Coughing, Itching?
- Do they look like they have red, swollen, itching eyes and are people asking if they are OK?
- Have they complained about headaches, are they grouchy or irritable but you can’t explain why and are they unable to get a good nights rest?
- Are they resistant wanting to play outside in the sunshine?
- Are you wondering why they suffer with Asthma, Eczema or other skin conditions, colic or chronic stomach aches?
- Do the first signs of spring bring that fear of when will those seasonal allergies will return?
Common Season Allergy Symptoms
If this is one of you children, then their environment may be making them ill. Allergic Rhinitis (also known as hay fever or seasonal allergies) or allergies from pets, insects or airborne mold spores can all be the cause of the following list of symptoms:
- Sneezing, runny nose and sniffing
- Watery itchy eyes
- Scratchy throat
- Gloom or depression
- Anxiety and irritability
- Asthmas, eczema or hives
- Ear Infections
- Insomnia, fatigue, dark circles and puffiness under the eyes
- and many more.
It doesn’t have to be this way, you can help your children escape the suffering from seasonal Allergies, Chemical Sensitivities, Food Intolerances, and more using the ASYRA Pro Bioresonance Health Screening for Allergies Protocol and some healthy Lifestyle advice.
This Practical Protocols to help your kids get their health back does not include the modern medical conveyor belt of merely suppressing the symptoms of allergies with antibiotics, steroid inhalers, antihistamines, decongestants, bronchodilators, mast cell stabilizers, and leukotriene modifiers…in fact these as you will have probably realised by now are only making them worse.
Allergies are signs that the immune system may need a boost, and there are natural, non-invasive, pain and drug-free ways of doing this which will help to strengthen the immune system and reduce the symptoms.
Some common myths about Allergies to consider:
- Allergies are not a ‘normal’ function of a healthy person.
- You may suffer from more than one allergy, as allergies are a sign of a deeper health concern.
- Not all allergies have the symptoms of hay fever, there are other allergies such as IgE or sever allergic reactions (such as peanut or shellfish which needs immediate medical attention). Also many chemicals or foods act as harmful triggers to the immune system as well as pests and animal dander.
- Allergens don’t always affect the bodily system you may expect them to. There are symptoms such as joint pain, brain fog and skin conditions or mood changes such as nervousness, and anxiety.
- Drugs, medications and creams don’t treat the allergies merely mask the symptoms without addressing the root cause. Anti histamines may provide temporary relief, however their use can be accompanied by uncomfortable side effects and loading the body with even more unrecognisable and difficult to process chemicals can actually suppress the immune system even more.
- The are seven main types of food that account for the vast majority of allergic sensitivities (dairy, gluten, sugar, alcohol, peanuts, eggs and mold-containing foods). By eliminating them from the diet can help.
- Pollen isn’ the only airborne allergen, hay fever type symptoms all year round can be a sign of mold from either damp in the home or on mols-containing foods (peanuts, dried fruits, vegetables and cheese.
- We can also be allergic to chemicals in our water. Do you live in an old house with old lead or copper pipes? Do you feel an itchiness after swimming in a chlorinated pool?
- Harmful bacteria in our gut can make us allergic to many foods, as they hurt our digestive system and make it more difficult for us to digest our food.
- Our modern fire resistant furniture, carpets and soft furnishings contain many VOC’s which at high concentrations are harmful to human health.
- One of the biggest concerns is ‘Roundup’, due to the harmful chemical glyphosate. This chemical is known to be harmful to our healthy microbes and therefore weakens our internal microbiome.
- Allergies can be healed all naturally (without drugs, creams or medications), by following the 7 pillars of health:
- Physical Activity
- Natural Therapies & Healing Arts
Foods to Avoid During Allergy Season:
- Alcohol (well I had to put it in here!)
- Conventional dairy
- Artificial sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Commercial Eggs
These are the main foods that should be avoided during allergy season. If you’re not sure how far-reaching your food sensitivities are, an elimination diet can help identify foods that can make your allergies worse.
Foods to Enjoy During Allergy Season:
- Raw local honey
- Hot and spicy foods
- Bone broth
- Probiotic-rich foods
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fresh organic vegetables
- Grass-fed meats
- Free-range poultry
- Wild-caught fish
Local honey works to relieve symptoms because it contains local pollen that is causing your allergies. Replace any added sugar with a teaspoon of raw, organic local honey.
Hot spicy foods can have an inflammatory action and help to thin the mucus. Try adding garlic, onion, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper to your recipes.
Bone broth, from chicken, beef or lamb, helps to reduce inflammation in the body and boosts the immune system.
Probiotic-rich foods support a stronger immune system, improve digestion, increase energy levels, and so much more. Probiotic foods to eat during allergy season include kefir, sauerkraut or kimchi, kombucha, natto, yogurt, and raw cheese or our favourite Bravo Yogurt. Consuming raw organic dairy products, has been reported to reverse allergies, as the pasteurization process destroys the enzymes our bodies need. If you do ONE thing only, then change you milk from commercial dairy to and organic brand.
The enzyme Bromelain found in pineapple in addition to high levels of vitamins B, C and other essential nutrients can help to reduce the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
Apple cider vinegar helps to boost the immune system, helps to break up mucus and supports lymphatic drainage. See Detox juice for a healthy drink to help allergies. You can add extra honey and some sparkling water for a homemade lemonade for kids.
Fresh organic vegetables — are high in quercetin, cabbage, beets, carrots and yams — can help you fight seasonal allergies. Choose vegetables that are dark green, yellow or orange for best nutrient density during allergy season.
Clean proteins including wild-caught salmon, free-range poultry and organic grass-fed beef and lamb are important, too. Wild salmon is rich in vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, essential minerals and of course protein. If you haven’t yet made the switch to these types of clean proteins, allergy season is the perfect time.
Other foods to enjoy during hay fever season including ginger, garlic, horseradish and onions. Ginger can be particularly helpful, as it helps to warm the body and breakdown toxins in your system.
Find out more about booking a Kids Allergy Appointment Here
Please read here to find out more about our Allergy appointments for Kids
How does your test compare to a blood test?
A recent double-blind study from a clinical pool of 1800 patients comparing our method of testing with blood chemistry yielded a 97% correlation with blood chemistry. Our allergy testing is non-invasive, pain free and you will received instant results at the time of testing. Bloods tests rely on selection of the correct test up front and waiting a week or more for results and false negatives are reported in blood work. We believe our test is more accurate and reliable than the blood tests. In addition as part of the health screening we provide a custom energetic remedy to help your child desensitise from their current allergies. Typically, 1 – 3 sessions may be required depending on the number of allergies or sensitivities.
If you would like to help your kids say Goodbye to those allergy symptoms and instead feel free to enjoy the spring and summer. Then please see the link below to book an appointment.
True food allergies are immune reactions to food. These reactions begin to cause symptoms immediately after a trigger food is eaten. Symptoms can range from mild to severe, and may include a rash, swollen or itchy tongue, runny nose, hives, abdominal pain, vomiting, trouble breathing, coughing, wheezing, or a closed airway and may require urgent medical intervention
Food intolerances are non-immune reactions to certain food components (e.g., lactose, histamines, alcohol, etc.) that occur when a person is lacking the digestive enzyme or nutrient responsible for breaking down those food components. Intolerances can cause flushing, cold or flu-like symptoms, inflammation, and general discomfort, because the body lacks the appropriate tools to break down trigger foods.
Food sensitivities can cause reactions that are delayed by hours or even days. These food reactions are usually caused by an imbalance in the gastrointestinal system that is affecting the immune system. One such imbalance is intestinal permeability, or “leaky gut syndrome.” Symptoms of food sensitivities differ from person to person, and can depend on the type of food eaten.
Kirsty Terry, Msc, BSc, R(Nutr), RTT™, AFMCP™
Kirsty is a Healthpreneur and highly trained in Functional Medicine, Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT™) and Bioenergetic Health Screening to help her clients achieve their optimum health and vitality naturally.
Kirsty is passionate about how the mind and body works together in creating the onset of illness and combines psycho-emotional, energetic, physical and meta-physical approaches for a truly comprehensive, radically wholistic approach to health and wellness.
She helps her clients to get to, and understand the root cause of their health challenges, and helps them address the lifestyles changes required break free from managing symptoms and achieve their optimum health and vitality.
For anyone who is sick, stuck or just fed-up with the ongoing pattern of managing only symptoms. Her unique combination of modalities provides a truly comprehensive and wholistic approach to achieving health which are non-invasive, painless and a drug-free.
When I’m not trying to heal the world, I’m a Zumba queen, or blissing out with a good meditation