Do You have Leaky Gut Syndrome?
all diseases begin in the gut,
Hippocrates — the ancient Greek father of medicine — once said this, In many ways, he was right.
Over the past two decades research has revealed that a properly functioning digestive system (gut) is critical to overall health, In fact 60-80% of our immune system is located in our gut and a healthy gut is also linked to a healthy brain.
If you struggle with digestive issues you’re not alone. Next to the common cold, digestive problems are the most common reason people seek medical advice. Problems in our gastrointestinal (GI) tract can cause more than just stomach pain, gas, bloating or diarrhea they can be the root cause of many chronic health problems. The building blocks of your food do become the cells of your body, but if you have faulty digestion you’re likely not absorbing or assimilating any of those wonderful nutrients.
Gut imbalances and leaky gut have been linked to a wide range of symptoms including anxiety, allergies, asthma, depression, obesity, autism spectrum disorders and over one hundred autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and thyroid, diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression, eczema and rosacea, just to name a few!
Do you or your family suffer from?
- seasonal allergies,
- digestive issues,
- weight gain,
- hormonal or mood imbalances or,
- an autoimmune disorder
If you think you might be suffering with symptoms of a Leaky Gut, then try the Leaky Gut Quiz here!
It’s all about the gut!
Think of the lining of your digestive tract like a hosepipe wit extremely small holes. It acts as a barrier to allow only specific nutrients to pass through it into the blood stream and keep out the bigger particles like toxins, harmful micro-bugs and undigested food particles. When someone has a leaky gut, these larger particles are now able to leak into your bloodstream causing inflammation which damages your systems and leads to a wide variety of symptoms and can even progress to an immune reaction.
Love your gut! Heal you gut! Heal your Health!
The main causes of a leaky gut are a toxicity overload, or an imbalance in the beneficial and harmful species of the intestinal microbiome (dysbiosis). However, these are compounded by poor nutrition and chronic stress. The good news is this is not a permanent condition there is a functional medicine approach called the 4R program – remove, replace, re-inoculate, and repair to ‘heal and seal’ the gut.
Leaky Gut Syndrome and Equilibrium 4R Program for a Healthy Digestion
Within a very short period you will notice a dramatic reversal in your symptoms by utilizing this simple approach. The cells in the gut lining can be replaced every 3-5 days, and we have witness dramatic improvement in symptoms within a few weeks by utilizing this proven approach.
1. REMOVE from the body what should not be there such as inflammatory foods (gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs and sugar which can lead to food sensitivities), infections (parasites, yeast or bacteria), and gastric irritants like environmental toxins (chemicals, drugs or heavy metals). You don’t need the hassle, embarrassment or expense of a stool analysis, we use the ASYRA Pro to screen energetically. Removing food sensitivities may require you to remove foods from you diet, removing environmental toxicity, infections or parasites may require treatment with energetic signatures, herbs or other anti-bacterial, anti-fungal natural products.
2. REPLACE the healing ingredients missing from the body required for proper digestion and absorption that may have been depleted by diet, disease or the aging process. The Leaky gut diet is easy to follow and you may need to include digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid and bile acids to aid digestion. Again, we use the ASYRA Pro to determine if you require any additional product support and find the right supplement and the correct dosage.
3. REBALANCE the microbiome with prebiotics (food for the good bacteria) and probiotics (good bacteria) to re-establish a healthy balance of good bacteria which is critical to strengthen immunity. Again we use the ASYRA Pro to source a probiotic supplement that contains beneficial bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacillus species.
4. REPAIR with natural nutritional supplements, herbal, aromatherapy products to help the body repair the gut and rejuvenate the gut wall lining. There are some essential building blocks your body needs and the top one is L-glutamine, an amino acid that helps to rejuvenate the gut wall lining. Other key nutrients include zinc, omega-3 fish oils, vitamin A, C, E as well as herbs such as slippery elm and aloe vera. Following the Leaky gut diet will provide most of the essential building blocks and we use the ASYRA Pro to check if they are any additional requirements
Equilibrium ‘Heal your health’ consultation
During a consultation, a detailed health history builds up a clear picture of you, your health lifestyle and what symptoms you are experiencing. This helps to understand your current health challenges and goals and the priorities for treatment and healing.
Non-invasive, pain & drug-free!
We will introduce you to the ASYRA, Advance Health Screeening System, an advanced, non-invasive and pain-free bio-energetic screening and treatment device which helps provide you with information about energetic origins of your health challenges and the most effective route to recover optimal health and restore your body to its natural equilibrium.
A journey to health naturally!
Each health consultation includes a custom imprinted bio-energetic remedy and a treatment with a low-level laser and a treatment plan with nutritional and lifestyle advice supported by a range of the most pure and effective therapeutic-grade nutritional supplements, the highest quality herbals, complex homeopathic and complementary products. Where clients are experiencing painful symptoms we may also introduce SCENAR technology for natural pain relief.
Here’s the whole list of symptoms you may be experiencing with leaky gut syndrome!
- Aches and pains
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Auto-immune Disease
- Digestive Problems
- Fertility (male and female)
- Food Intolerances
- Headaches & Migraine
- IBS or Abdominal pain
- Post-Operative recovery
- Skin problems (acne, eczema, psoriasis,)
- Sports Injuries
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress & Anxiety
- Weight loss or gain
- Women’s Health
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms and you would like to find out more about how we use the Equilibrium 4R approach. Please feel free to book a call with me at the link below!
Schedule a FREE Time
Kirsty Terry, founder of Equilibrium Health, is an MSc Functional Medicine Nutritionist and Bio-resonance Health Screening Practitioner. She works with you and your family to identify symptoms of leaky gut syndrome, which can lead to allergies, food intolerance’s and auto-immune disease’s such as IBS, Crohn’s and Colitis through to children with Autism Spectrum Conditions. She uses a range of modalities and technologies which are non-invasive, painless and a drug-free natural approach to achieve your optimum health and vitality!
Thanks for writing this, I have struggled for ages to find out why I got IBS and what to do about it, reading this it all makes a lot of sense
Thanks for getting in touch, feel free to book a free consultation with me if you would like to discuss your currentl health challenges and how I can help.